Saturday, March 10, 2012

Eliot O'Hara

Eliot O'Hara (1890-1961), Maine Seaside Town in Early Morning Fog, 1927, watercolor

My mother, Sandra Pope, had the opportunity to study with American Watercolorist,  Eliot O'Hara before he passed away in 1961.  He had a tremendous influence on her style and love for painting.  As I study this tree painting by Mr. O'Hara, I can't help but wonder if her soulful tree renderings were inspired by Eliot O'Hara himself!  It's more than likely that his influence on my mother has indirectly impacted my rendering of trees through watching my mother paint!  

"O'Hara was one of America's most widely respected watercolorists and teachers. In addition to an extensive exhibition record, he wrote eight books and produced more than 20 films on watercolor technique. His work can be found in more than 60 public collections, including the Art Institute of Chicago, the National Academy of Design, the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, and the OMAA". - The Ogunquit Museum of American Art website:  


Eliot O'Hara (1890-1961), Maine Seaside Town in Early Morning Fog, 1927, watercolor


I suppose that we never truly know the ripples that our lives,  create in the life of another person.  To see my work, please visit my website.  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.