Friday, March 2, 2012

Trees In Art

Trees in art, my favorite subject to paint!  What's the allure?  Since the beginning of time, in fact since Genesis, trees have been and continue to be used to teach us great lessons in life.  In art, I've been inspired by Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh's renderings of trees. 
However, the single painting that influenced my love for telling stories by rendering trees was one painting that I saw when I was a teenager.  In fact, I watched every stroke being applied as the soulful rendering of this one tree came to life.  The artist was my mother.  It was sort of a fantasy painting with a light that emanated deep inside the forest, where a little cabin rested comfortably in the woods.  It wasn't until years after my mother passed away that I heard my Uncle relate what he thought my mother was portraying in this painting.  It was the only time I ever saw my Uncle cry.  
We move so quickly in this world.  I hope as a people we don't forget to slow down and stop to enjoy the beauty and the meaning in our everyday lives! 
These two 36"x48" acrylic paintings on canvas are both for sale.  Although they are two separate works of art, they are meant to go together.  Separate, they stand alone, together, they complete one another!    www.JillSaurFineArt.com

atlanta art galleries, atlanta artists
©1990-2012 Trees In Art by Jill Saur, all rights reserved