Thursday, August 22, 2024

Sarasota & Lakewood Ranch Fine Art

 

©1990-2024 Watercolor by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

"Like blank spaces around words and paragraphs on a printed page, the gap between the sounds uttered by our speech set the boundaries within which words, phrases, and sentences can take shape and morph into images in our minds." - Ewandro Magalhaes

Those words remind me of the spaces between the images in our paintings, the areas where the viewer is able to breathe as their eye moves around the painting. In my watercolor painting above, "I purposely left space to let the viewer's eye travel around and rest on the boat in the foreground.  I painted this from an abandoned boat on Seabird Key, a small island in Florida.  This painting is sold but I have many more that are available on my website.  I also love to paint commissions!  

Thank you for viewing -  Jill Saur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.