Thursday, March 24, 2016

Martin Glaser Quote

©2016  Jill Saur, all rights reserved














Martin Glaser, a legendary New York graphic designer, famous for creating the ‘I Love New York’ logo, recently spoke about something that’s dear to my heart.  Martin said, “If you can sustain your interest in what you’re doing, you’re an extremely fortunate person.  What you see very frequently in people’s professional lives, and perhaps in their emotional life as well, is that they lose interest in the third act.  You sort of get tired, and indifferent, and sometimes, defensive and you kind of lose your capacity for astonishment, and that’s a great loss, because the world is a very astonishing place.”

Most of my clients lead very busy lives, are professional businessmen and women, own businesses and some are taking care of large families.  I also stay very busy with my classes, painting, and the business side of what I do.  It takes determination to stop and re-charge the creative side, but it's vitally important.

I’m in the third act of my life and  I still find wonder in observing nature, seeing the cloud formations before a storm, and getting up early to watch the sunrise over the misty waters of the Chattahoochee River. 

I agree with Martin Glaser, the world is a very astonishing place and I hope you're able to take the necessary time to be utterly astonished too! - Jill Saur

www.JillSaurFineArt.