Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Painting It On The Side" by Jill Saur

Since day one, I've preferred to work on wide-border canvases.  I'm fortunate that my clients love that my work is wrapped around the side.  It's a clean contemporary look and avoids the need for a frame.  When I opened my own gallery, I took the risk of hanging my work this way.  It was an instant success!

It's really a winning proposition because if a client does want a frame, they can have a floating frame made to suit the painting.  In all the years that I've been selling my work this way, nobody has requested a frame!  It's so much easier to hang those large paintings over the fireplace (especially on stone) when the work is light.  

To see more of my work, or to request a commission piece, please visit my website.


©1990=2012 Flower Painting by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.