Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Milton New York Apple Orchard by Jill Saur

I'll never forget this commissioned painting and where it went when I lived in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. This is a 40"x30" watercolor snow scene of an apple orchard and barn. This barn had been in the same family for three generations. It was owned by a young man engaged to his lovely fiance. She commissioned this painting for him as a wedding gift.

Before I could even finish this painting, there was a terrible fire that destroyed this historic structure. This rendering of their beloved apple orchard was received with tears. 

I love commissions.  If you have a special place or scene that you're fond of and would like it rendered in either watercolor, oil, or acrylic, please contact me.  My website has other examples of commissioned pieces and shows my process in working with my clients.


CLICK HERE


©1990-2012 Apple Orchard by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.