Thursday, September 22, 2011

Golden Open Acrylics

Golden Open Acrylics


Although I primarily use Golden Heavy Body acrylics for my acrylic paintings, I also enjoy Golden Open Acrylics. The open acrylic drying time is longer than regular acrylics, allowing a generous amount of time to blend. The difference in using this paint rather than the regular acrylics, is that once you apply it, and have finished blending, you need to let it completely dry before going back into it, if you want to change anything. As it begins to 'set up', it gets tacky and further blending at this stage does not work. I am actually working on a painting right now and I'm using this paint. I'll post the results in a day or so. - Jill

"GOLDEN OPEN Acrylics are a slow-drying formulation with a slightly softer consistency than GOLDEN Heavy Body paints. The increased working time of these colors expands their range to include more traditional techniques that was once only possible with oils." 

Read more: http://www.goldenpaints.com/products/color/open/index.php

My website:  www.JillSaurFineArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.