Monday, February 10, 2014

Aspen Tree Painting And Psalm 23

Psalm 23
©1990-2014 Aspen Tree Painting by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

I've lived with a chronic, incurable disease, for over thirty years.  Still, I thrive!  A long time ago, I learned the difference between joy and happiness.  To some, happiness depends on things coming together externally.  To me, joy is something that develops on the inside and doesn't depend on one single external speck of dust.

My acrylic painting, "Abundant Journey", was inspired by the still waters and the path of righteousness that King David spoke about in one of the most well known Psalms of all time, Psalm 23.  I've memorized this Psalm so that I can take it with me everywhere I go.  It inspires and sustains me as I walk through this journey called, "Life".

*"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. "* Psalm 23:1-4

May your journey be abundant and full! - Jill Saur  www.JillSaur.com