Saturday, April 13, 2013

Going The Extra Mile In Life And Business

aspen trees, atlanta artist
©1990-2013 Aspen Tree Painting by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

I love my clients and the owner of "Rhapsody For You" is no exception.  This is a 48"x36" acrylic painting on canvas that was purchased to be the focal point of a beautiful home here in Atlanta.  My client had a carpenter  build a panel over the built in mirror above her exquisite marble fireplace in order to hang my painting.  

When she recently saw a new technique that I added to my work, I could see how much she loved and appreciated what I was doing.  Two weeks later and I've been to her home, picked up her painting, added my new technique and re-delivered it back to her home.  She didn't ask me to make the changes, I offered.  She compensated me for my work, but the greatest reward for me was to see her smile when I re-hung her painting.

My father taught me at an early age that "Going The Extra Mile" in life and business is what makes you stand out from the rest.  By the way, he didn't teach me that with his words, he taught me that with his actions.  - Jill Saur  www.JillSaurFineArt.com