Saturday, April 20, 2013

Aspen Tree Paintings

Trees in art, my favorite subject to paint!  What's the allure?  Since the beginning of time, in fact since Genesis, trees have been and continue to be used to teach us great lessons in life.  In art, I've been inspired by Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh's renderings of trees. 
However, the single painting that influenced my love for telling stories by rendering trees was one painting that I saw when I was a teenager.  In fact, I watched every stroke being applied as the soulful rendering of this one tree came to life.  The artist was my mother.  It was sort of a fantasy painting with a light that emanated deep inside the forest, where a little cabin rested comfortably in the woods.  Fraught with emotion, her painting expressed  feelings that she could never express in words.  I was amazed and captivated by this beautiful medium in which to express oneself!  Paint is my vehicle of expression and trees are most often my storytellers.  
These two 36"x48" acrylic paintings on canvas are for sale.  These works are uplifting and full of life.  The story?  Well, it's in the painting!    My Website

aspen art, tree art, birch tree paintings
©1990-2013 Aspen Tree Paintings by Jill Saur, all rights reserved