Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Hastening Tree by Jill Saur

I'm bringing in the New Year with this painting that remains in my own collection, and hangs in my studio.  It's called, "The Hastening Tree" and is 30"x40".  It serves as a reminder to me that life passes quickly and I need to live each day to the fullest.  This is my favorite place down at the Chattahoochee River.  The base of this tree has been completely hollowed out by disease (you can literally see the river through this tree).  A handful of roots keep it alive.  

This intrepid tree has weathered floods, severe storms, intense drought, and lightening.  Yet, it flourishes, perhaps feebly, but it takes each new day and provides beauty for those who sit under its mighty branches.  Some may think it's silly to be so moved by such a thing, but I am.  God has used this tree to inspire me, move me, and make me want to finish this life with a fierce tenacity that just doesn't give up!

My website:  CLICK HERE

©2009 Tree by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.