Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trees In Art - Palette Knife Painting

"Everywhere across whatever sorrows of which our life is woven, some radiant joy will gaily flash past". - Nikolai Gogol

My tag line is "joy on canvas". It was given to me by Stan Lee, the creator of Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, and many other super heroes. Years ago, when I was forming my business, I needed three short words for a tag line to describe my art. I asked Stan for help because he is the most creative person I've ever known and he's the ultimate wordsmith. He has several of my paintings in his home and knows me and my work. When he came back with "joy on canvas", I knew it was quintessential for me.

Life is not perfect, sorrows befall all of us. How desperately we need joy in our lives to have hope and keep us afloat. This 12"x12" palette knife painting on canvas, "Joy", epitomizes the feelings I express when I paint.  This painting is available to purchase by contacting me through my website.  CLICK HERE

atlanta art galleries, tree art, modern art, artwork paintings
© 1990-2012 Trees On Canvas by Jill Saur, all rights reserved