Friday, December 17, 2010

"Chattahoochee River" Thoughts by Jill Saur

© 2010 Jill Saur Fine Art, all rights reserved

Those who know me, know that I am passionate about painting trees. I wonder if I caught the bug when I was just a little girl watching my mother breath life into her trees as she painted them.  Either way, I began my love affair with painting trees over thirty years ago.  

I have several favorite trees along different sections of the Chattahoochee River.  Recently, I took a long hike along this beautiful river in search of one of my favorite trees.  When I finally arrived at my destination, the clouds overtook the sun, and all of the shadows that I love to photograph had vanished.  So, I returned the next day, walked down the huge hill and hiked back to the same place.  With great joy, I found the sun at just the right place and the shadows were perfect!  This photo is from that day, but not of my favorite tree.  I will share that after my painting is completed.

If you haven't figured it yet, the point of this post is PASSION and DETERMINATION. Passion without determination is like having a great car with no gas in it.  I would have gone down to that river every day if I needed to, just to get the shot that I was looking for.  

When you find what you are passionate about, stay with it, cultivate it, watch it grow, and watch yourself grow with it!

Jill's Website:  www.JillSaurFineArt.com
find:  aspen tree paintings, tree art, aspen art, georgia paintings, Chattahoochee River 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.