Saturday, August 8, 2009

Painting Journal

I keep a painting journal for most of the paintings that I do. I make a preliminary sketch, write down the colors that I end up using, and any special techniques that I discover. I also write my thoughts as to what inspired me to do the painting. If a palette turns out to be spectacular, it helps to have it written down for future paintings. When I finish my painting, I take my archived picture of the painting, print it up and put in in my journal. I hope this helps. - Jill

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea. It sounds a lot like something I know a lot of digital artists do when they make their art, they'll put a pallet down on a seperate document. I'd never heard of it done with actual paint before this.

    Bravo. Interesting concept certainly.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.